Yesterday was the 'easy first day of school where the kids meet their teachers and try to find their classes. Today I count as the official "1st" day of school. Thomas and Jake, aka Will were up and at em as soon as I woke them up this morning. The busy beavers got their lunches made, from the easy grab what is in the fridge and cupboard to the unique, cooking up some stirfry to take! Then they ate breaky and were out the door on their bikes with Don before 0800! WOW!! Sure hope this keeps up! It is Fantastic!!!
I started school of sorts tonight. Adult Band Classes!! I am re-learning how to play the Clarinet!! There were so many people that came that instead of meeting in the bottom of the Comox United Church, we are meeting in the Mark Isfeld Band room! It was terrific! No, playing the Clarinet has not miraculously come back to me after 34 years, but I felt at home with it . . . comfortable even! I am really excited to be doing it! I LOVE music!!! There is a wide range of people who come. We have some that have played lots, but are not comfortable in a group setting, so this is perfect, others have played in their youth, and others are greenies! We had lots of laughs, but we did actually sound not to bad for the first night. Brock (the conductor) says we should be playing Christmas Carols for Christmas! YIPEE . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment