Just finished working my LAST 4 shifts in a row . . . EVER!!!!! My new rotation starts next week, and I only work 3 shifts in a row. That will probably seem like too much, but the pay will be nice! These last 4 days really made me wonder why. . . Why? I guess because I like to try to make those poor sick people feel better even when they are swearing at you, getting aggressive, begging you to sit with them, when there really is no time to do that. Nursing sure isn't what it was years ago. GO GO GO. The medical and surgical floors are amalgamating on Tuesday. We had a meeting last night and I think it is going to be tough. The nurses on the surgical floors do not help each other. They do not cover each others patients so they can get a break. I hope that we will be a force of influence and change that, because if we don't, I don't think I will be there long. On the brighter side, we have a new nursing station. It is beautiful and spatious, even has the look of a big city hospital. We are getting new furniture, new sinks everywhere that turn on by themselves, new higher toilets, a new TV/Internet system put in. New equipment that will bring us closer to a level we should have in this day and age!! Enough moping! By the way, work called this morning while I was getting Thomas and Don out the door for seminary asking me to work! Guess what I answered??
Time to play with my new cricut Expressions!!
No comments:
Post a Comment