Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saxophone!!

     Don and Jake went on a journey today to Nanaimo to purchase a Saxophone for Jake.  I found it on Craig's list the other day when I was browsing.  It is a used one, but great for a beginner to learn on.  Jake is SOOOOO excited to start learning how to play it.  He had it around his neck all evening after they got home.  He lovingly put it together and started to make sound, to which Don replied "where is the goose??"  I thought it sounded like an old fashioned car's horn!!  Jake was so excited to have made a noise with it, he went into his bedroom to experiment. Hee Hee, I remember when I was in grade 6 and starting to learn how to play an instrument!  When I practiced at home, our poor dog Skippy would sit and howl at us, especially when we squeaked.  I played the clarinet and I was good at squeaking!!  I recently signed up to learn how to play the Clarinet again.  There was an article in the local paper for adults that wanted to learn an instrument to join a band.  There were over 20 people that showed interest.  I start this Wednesday and am excited to re-learn.  I am hoping the cob webby drawer of my brain that is holding the "playing the Clarinet" info will be accessed easily and help me to remember some of the basics!!!  Jake and I can have practice time together! Time to sign off and get some shut eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment