Saturday, January 29, 2011

Baking Day!

This past week, the boys have been home as it was Exam week.  They were done in the frist few days, so that meant some time off!  Yesterday Jake/Will was the industrious baker/cook.  He decided to make a chocolate cake and then he thought that devilled eggs would be yummy.  We had a little trouble with the eggs, our first attempt had the resulting boiled eggs a wierd browny yellow colour, not that familiar white.  Since we were both grossed out, they went in the trash.  We boiled up the next batch, and Jake prepared them while I drove Thomas to his work experience at Grains Bakery.  When I got home, I learned that the second batch of eggs had a fatefull end. . .  when Jake was putting the finished product in the fridge, they slid right off the plate!!  Third time lucky I say . . .  so the third batch of eggs were set to boil.   This time we enjoyed eating the devilled eggs.  YUMMY!  Great job Jake!  The chocolate cake was DELICIOUS!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment