Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had an eventful weekend!  I worked thru it all.  Don was in charge of buying the Turkey and all the trimings.  The turkey lay in a cold water bath unthawing so he could be cooked.  Don had gone to Safeway to get a 0.99/lb bird, but when he got there early sat am, they were all gone!  So he bought a Butterball for $35.  I got off my night shift this am and went to get the turkey to get it in the oven before I headed to bed.  When I got it upstairs, I read the cover and noted that Don had bought a stuffed turkey!  And it said on the label:  DO NOT THAW  COOK FROM FROZEN!   Oops!!!  We determined that it wasn't safe to cook.  Hmm, now what.  We had a house full of company coming over for Turkey dinner at 6pm.  Don went back to Safeway, and bless them they refunded us for the thawed bird, and unfortunately they had no fresh turkeys.  Don found a farm that sold turkeys and bought a behemoth 25 lb bird!  Let me tell you, it was NOT 0.99/lb!!  I think it was the most expensive turkey we have ever bought!  I went back to bed while he went to the store and I got up around 11am.   We had the bird in the oven by 1230!  Whew!  By 6 pm the vegetables were cooked, the company had arrived.  Don set up 3 tables for all 22 of us to sit at.  We all stuffed ourselves on the yummy food (if I do say so myself)  and the delicious apple pies and pumpkin pie that were for dessert.  Then we all had a rousing game of Apples to Apples. What a great day to spend together and be Greatful for all that we have. 
  • Thanks Family and Friends for the terrific night!

No comments:

Post a Comment